- Employee Handbooks, policies, procedures and related forms.
- Employment Contracts, Severance and Separation Agreements
- Commission or Salesperson Pay Plans, and Independent Contractor Agreements.
- Personnel audits to assess compliance with state and federal laws, including proper employee classifications and independent contractor analysis.
- Internal investigations of employee complaints of workplace misconduct.
General Employment Law Advice in a preventative and pro-active approach designed to minimize the risk of litigation. Specific advice on:
- Managing and coordinating leaves of absences under state and federal laws, including Family and Medical Care, California Family Rights and Pregnancy Disability Leaves and Mandated Paid Sick Leave
- Classifying “exempt” versus “non-exempt” employees and independent contractors
- Advising on disciplinary actions and terminations
- Designing and reviewing employee handbooks and related documents to avoid common pitfalls
- Management and employee training on workplace issues such as diversity, harassment avoidance and effective management techniques
- Preventative review of all employment policies and practices
- New hire packages and employee orientation and training
- Workplace investigations and audits