Employment Law In California
Employment law in California is an especially complicated area and one full of potential hazards. Having someone in your corner who understands the intricacies of the local, state and federal laws and regulations, and one who can provide the proper advice and guidance for the best possible outcome is critically important. Elkins Employment Law is that resource.
Our approach to working with clients is to develop a collaborative approach to address an employment issue before it becomes a problem. This is accomplished through careful analysis of the situation, thorough research of the issues, and formulation of a proposed solution that meets the client’s needs.
The Firm guides and educates employers, their management and human resource staff to better understand personnel management and employment law matters. The Firm undertakes an aggressive defense of all litigation matters while taking into consideration the impact of litigation on the workplace and the financial impact upon the business. The overall philosophy of the Firm is to provide high quality, cost effective legal representation while meeting the needs of employers.
Management Training & Education
- Mandatory California training
- Sexual Harassment, Discrimination & Retaliation
- Training for managers & supervisors
- Wage and Hour Compliance
- Leave of Absence Compliance
Counseling and Audit Services
- Interviewing and hiring
- Discipline and documentation
- Layoff and separation procedures
- Employment and severance agreements
- Independent contractor analysis
- Employee Handbooks
- Forms, policies, and procedures for the “best practices”.
- Wage & Hour Classification audits